Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

This is the problem with Halloween. People dress up as terrorists. The picture at the left is of my brothers and their roommate. I think it's pretty fair to say that none of these boys will go on to work for the government. I will go ahead and blame it on the spirit of Halloween. One of my least favorite things to do is think of Halloween costumes. The singles ward supposedly has a rockin' Halloween party every year here at Tech, so I have been forced to contemplate a costume. I've got nothing ... and the dance is on Saturday. Booooooo. Maybe I'll go as an Assistant GM of a baseball team ...

The best part about Halloween is that it's another excuse to listen to Michael Jackson's Thriller. For those who aren't MJ enthusiasts like me, let me enlighten you. MJ's Thriller album still remains the best-selling album of all time. That's a fact. They've sold somewhere between 65 and 110 million copies of it worldwide. What the heck. Now that is something to celebrate. Check out the track listings for Thriller:

1. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'
2. Baby Be Mine
3. The Girl Is Mine
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
9. The Lady in My Life

Can you believe that seven of those nine tracks were released as singles!?! MJ never ceases to amaze me. So much talent, it's ridiculous. Speaking of talent, you should see me carve a pumpkin. As I sat at our pumpkin carving activity for the singles ward, I had no clue what I was going to carve. Then I received inspiration from across the table ... a girl from the ward had a I HEART NY shirt on. Classic. And even though I love New York, I decided to honor the San Francisco Giants this Halloween. I felt like they deserved it. Although, I want everyone to be clear that my favorite team of all time is the Seattle Mariners, and it always will be ... especially considering the current path that my career has taken ;)

I HEART SAN FRANCISCO ... And Giant pitcher Madison Bumgarner :)

Got to love the red eye.

I thought it turned out pretty nice.

1 comment: