Sunday, October 17, 2010

Trees and Turkeys

I feel like I am literally out in the woods here in southwest VA. On the way home from the ballpark the other day I almost hit a group of like 15 turkeys! And I'm pretty sure it's not called a "group" of turkeys. Actually, I'm not sure what it is called ... A flock? A herd? Whatever ... There were a lot of them, hopefully that is clear enough. So naturally I got out my camera and got a pic. Also, the leaves are changing, which means a bit more when there are trees everywhere you look. I took a picture of a tree that I see on my way to the ballpark. It is beautiful. It's glowing at me every time I drive by. I'm very thankful for fall. I'm thankful for the drop in temperature. I'm thankful for the colorful leaves. The only thing that I'm NOT thankful for is the dreadful holiday that is Halloween. If it weren't for adorable little children in cow costumes, I would say lets abolish it.

Caution: Turkey crossing

My special tree. This tree almost got me into a wreck ... twice.

Turkeys roaming the backyard.

4 comments:

  1. Crazy! I don't know the last time i've seen a flock of turkeys! Don't you just love the changing trees!? Fall is so much fun!

    If it changes your thoughts on Halloween, Seth and I are being Toy Story Friends for Halloween ... Woody and Jessie ... I mean really, admit it that's going to be pretty darn cute! (at least Seth anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall! It's gorgeous... especially in Pulaski, VA:-) I love the pic of the rafter you ran into... I guess that's what a group of turkeys is called? Haha... don't know for sure. Virginia is beautiful can't wait to visit.

    And I agree on Halloween... not the coolest holiday. But I do think Livi dressed up like a cow is quite adorable:-) And I like going to pumpkin patches... but I guess that a fall activity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that changes my thoughts on Halloween a little bit, but not completely ;) Please please please post pictures for me. That's a great costume idea. So what is Nick going to be? Buzz Lightyear?

    Eileen, going to pumpkin patches is definitely a fall activity ... and hacking the pumpkin up with a knife is a Halloween activity ;) So it's a rafter then? I'll take it. Using that word will help me fit into P-town a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abs, GREAT pictures. How fun to be out in nature like that. The tree is amazing. We have some beautiful colors coming out too. The rafter is really neat too. We might need you to bring one home for Thanksgiving dinner??? Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete