Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Celebrating 26 years in NC

I couldn't think of anything more fun than spending my birthday with little Mercedes Olivia and her parents. So this past weekend I went down to Greenville and had a great time with my cousins. We chilled around the house for a couple days, then we took off to the Outer Banks. We stayed in Kitty Hawk, which, as many of you know, is the town where the Wright Brothers first flew. Richard was working up north in Corolla, so Eileen, Livi Girl, and I took some quality time to shop. The greatest find of the century was at Room Rack Shoes. I bought Livi some hot pink Converse All-Stars for $7.50. I also bought some gold Sperry boat shoes for $29.99 ... which was a fantastic deal. It successful weekend overall. Nothing wrong with a weekend of shopping, great food, and family.

Sissy decided that she wanted to cuddle with me for a few minutes.

The cutest BYU fan ever.

Sissy rocking the "Aunt Jemima" look.

Adorable.

A replica of the Wright Brothers flyer.

Amelia Earhart: "You haven't been able to take your cheaters off my chassy since we met."
Larry Daley: "I literally didn't understand a word you just said."

Great quote from Wilbur ...

Chillin' at the Memorial

Sissy and Eileen

Mercedes' new kicks

My new kicks. That's right, they're gold.

I love the skinny jeans with the All-Stars. Great combo.

The beach at Nags Head

Livi wanted to get into the water so bad. She's gonna be a surfer girl.

There weren't any guards on duty, and the waves were crazy.

She started waving to me right after she spilled water all over herself. Haha.

It rained over 2 feet in Greenville over the weekend. That was a car that I spotted on the side of the road. It made us a little anxious.

This was the way we were supposed to go home. Didn't happen.

I don't want to reveal too much, but this is Olivia's Halloween costume. So cute.


Dancing Queen

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I love little trips like this ... hope you're enjoying your new east coast life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abs we LOVED watching Livi dance. She is such a doll and it is so fun you got to be with them for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby thank you for coming down! We love having you here... I just wish it wasn't such a long drive for you. I loved everything about the post... especially the shoes:-) The only thing this post is missing is Birthday photos... I must have all of them! You need birthday photos on a birthday post! I will email you some in the near future! Can't wait to see you next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is from Auntie on Miranda's site

    ReplyDelete