Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surprise for Poppagorgio

"You are numero uno ... KING PAPI!" Don't even try to tell me that this guy looks 50 ... because he doesn't. But he did turn it on Wednesday. The surprise started about three weeks ago when my dad's best friend Darrin Jensen called me up and said, "I know what I want to get your dad for his birthday--I'm gonna fly you home." And so the planning began. Only a select few knew that I was coming home ... Morgan and my best friends Devon and Amanda. Morgan orchestrated a family lunch on his birthday at Brick Oven and I was going to surprise them by walking in. I decided to call him and "wish him Happy Birthday" as I walked into the restaurant. I told him over the phone that I knew what I was going to get him for his birthday ... a Pulaski Mariners hat. He told me what his size was and I replied, "Actually, I really think you should try this one on first." He replied, "How on earth am I going to do that?" And then I walked into the banquet room at Brick Oven and said, "Well I've got it right here, just try it on!" Greatest surprise of all time. They all just sat there for like 5 minutes ... Mouths open. But I can't take all the credit. None of it could have happened without Darrin. Happy Birthday Papi! Te amo!


I'm on the phone with him right here, outside of Brick Oven.

Surprise suckas!!!!! Hahaha. Look at their faces.

I love this picture because it looks like Grant thought the waiter had something to do with it.

Haha ... they never saw it coming.

Me and my Papi.

He so did not want to stand on the chair ... but we made him do it.

1 comment: