Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Around the World with the Mariners

Last Saturday's game was a stressful one, but one to remember nonetheless. I was fortunate to meet and interview the President of Minor League Baseball, Mr. Pat O'Conner. I gave him a tour of the ball park before the game and we talked about my mission, my future plans, and how I got to Pulaski. We also planned an "Around the World with the Mariners" night to coincide with his visit. We set up tables for the different countries that our players represented and invited fans to come early and learn more. We also had some of the players from each place come out and educate the fans about where they are from. It was an awesome night. Everyone had a blast and most importantly ... we won 8-5.

Pat talking to the staff before the game.

Wayne (owner) and Cookie Carpenter next to the Virgin Islands table with Jabari Blash. He is from St. Thomas, aka paradise.

Two of my favorite Dominicans George Mieses aka "El Toro" and Ramon Morla.

Larry Gonzalez (catcher) and Jose Rivero (left fielder) representing the Venezuela table.

Adorable.

Pat telling Ramon about his favorite restaurant in the Dominican Republic.

Striking a pose. This guy is going to play for Seattle one day.

Slider posing with the Manager's son, Andrew.

Me and Pat

My boss TC with Pat

I laugh every time I see this video. Just before I taped it, Ramon was singing a song about the Dominican Republic. But when I started taping him, he refused to sing. Little punk. And then at the end I get a line from OMG by Usher ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love the post! What a fun game! I just love it how you all buddy buddy with all the players... so fun! And the Utah trip was a success... wish I could have been there a few more days! Miss you! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Olivia misses you! She has grown up so much this passed month- you'll be surprised:-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just get home RIGHT NOW where you belong!!! I think you're having way too much fun...

    ReplyDelete