Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Pulaski Mariners

I thought I should mention that the whole reason why I'm even IN Virginia is because of the Pulaski Mariners. :) I interviewed with a few minor league teams for my internship, but the Mariner's season was the only one that worked with my schedule. They're a rookie affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, and just so you know ... the Rookie League is as low as it gets. As a result, the majority of our players are very young. I mean, we're talking 18, 19, 20-year-old kids. Of the 28 players on our team, 20 of them are latinos ... which has turned this job into my DREAM job. My responsibilities include updating the team's web site, on-field promotions, community promotions, social networking and occasionally I will run the game music. So I can now cross the deejay dream off the bucket list. Here are shots from some of the games we've had. Remind you, our park is in the middle of the WOODS!

A shot from my seat in the press box.

This was after they took BP. I officially have crushes on #22 (Ramon) and #23 (Larry). They always come joke with me in Spanish.

When they take BP, I put on Reggaeton ... which is ALL I heard on my mission.

Opening night shot from left field.

It's a pretty small park, but it was a full house.

Our lead off hitter Jetsy Extraño up to bat.

Along the left field side is called the Family Section, which means fans are not allowed to have alcohol over there. Hallelujah.

THIS is Friday night lights in Pulaski.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics of the park. It is such a beautiful place you are in. How fun to have this view of things. Back stage workings and all. Love ya MOM

    ReplyDelete