Friday, July 23, 2010

The Time of My Life

"Nobody puts Baby into a corner." (Mine and Garrett's favorite line from Dirty Dancing) Okay friends, I just crossed something else off of the bucket list. Does anyone know where Dirty Dancing was filmed? Of course you don't, why would anyone know that. It was filmed in Pembroke, Virginia ... which turns out to be 45 minutes from where I live. Last week I went off-roading with some friends from work, and they drove me past the Mountain Lake Resort, where DD was filmed. So cool. It looks exactly the same as it is in the movie. What's funny is that the resort has 'Dirty Dancing Weekends', where they have film location tours, trivia contests, dance lessons, and dirty dancing every evening. I'm thinking that might be worth my time :) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dirty Dancing was the best movie Patrick Swayze did. Anybody want to challenge that?

Shot from the top of the resort looking down on the lake.

One of the best parts from the movie ... which was filmed in Mountain Lake.

Saweet view of the resort.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I seriously love this movie. And The Time of My Life song is always worthy of a spot on my iPod. I thought I was the biggest dork for loving it so much, glad to know that I (as usual) am among friends in this blessed family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, yeah that is pretty much the coolest thing EVER! I'm super jealous right now. Lets plan a vacation there and we can re-enact scenes from the movie...ha ha ha. That movie totally brings back DT memories...good times:) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete