Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Town of Pew-laski

Welcome to the town of Pulaski ... home of the Pulaski Mariners. This has been my home for the last couple weeks, and here are just a few things that I've noticed about western Virginia:
1) Everything is green. Everything.
2) There are HUGE thunderstorms every couple of days. They come completely out of nowhere.
3) It's pronounced Pew-laski.
4) "Yes sir" and "Yes ma'am" is the only way to address anyone older than you.
4) Everybody knows everybody.
5) There are sooooo many bugs, and I hate them all ... except for the fireflies.
6) Almost every man I've met chews tobacco ... apart from the men at church :)
7) They LOVE small town baseball.
8) Everyone waves and expects a wave back, even if you're some random Utahn :)

I live with the Davis family, which is about 10-15 minute drive from the ball park. He is an optometrist in Pulaski and she is a nurse up at a hospital in Blacksburg. They are the NICEST family and I am so lucky that they let me into their home. I attend the Virginia Tech singles ward, which so far has been fantastic. I have been fortunate to meet some really neat people at church and at work.

How cool is it that it was named after a Count? I was impressed.

Bienvenidos a Pulaski, Virginia

A shot of Pulaski from the top of Draper Mountain.

I don't how much you're paying for gas ... but this is how much we pay in Pulaski.

Pulaski Main

This goes out to my boy Monroe ;)

I just thought this wall was cool.


The Davis' backyard, equipped with an electric fence so the deer won't eat out of their garden.

Shot from the Davis' deck. So pretty.

5 comments:

  1. I miss the east... I miss you as well. It looks like so much fun! PS, not only is the gas cheaper out there, you also get higher quality for what you're paying. Not too sure what Utah's problem is when it comes to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would also like to thank you for using my photo as your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulaski is so pretty! I love the view from the Davis' home! And the main street looks so cute! I am excited to venture up there next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see this place in person. Great Pix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics. What a beautiful place you are in. What a quaint little town and what a great opportunity it is for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete