Friday, June 18, 2010

The Kenworth Game

Ahhh, the Kenworth game. A game that has been played by the Lyman family on many a road trip. It all started back when we lived in Washington state and my dad worked for Kenworth Trucking Company. My mother had 4 young kids under the age of 9 ... and I can recall the fighting, whining, and crying that would ensue during each road trip to California or Utah. I believe it was these relentless fits that prompted my mother to create the Kenworth game ... in fact, I'm sure of it. It kept our focus on the road and off of each other. Every time we would see a Kenworth drive by, the first person to yell out"Kenworth!" would get the point and then we proceeded to keep a tally. If we yelled Kenworth, and it wasn't ... then we lost a point. You would be surprised at the number of different diesel trucks that my siblings and I are familiar with. But the real reason why I put up this post is because we played the Kenworth game on OUR road trip. Mawa's game stuck and it kept us busy literally for hours. Bravo Mawa, bravo.

A green Kenworth I saw at a truck stop. I got the point for this one :)

Our tally sheet for the Kenworth game.
Final score: Riles-179, Abby-168, Morgan-93, and Eileen-5
(Eileen came a bit late in the game as you can tell.)











5 comments:

  1. Riley taught me this game on our fateful shooting trip. I must say, he's REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because he practically SLEPT the whole trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya but i started coming back when i figured out the double window feature

    ReplyDelete