Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Time of My Life

This past weekend I had the pleasure of a visit from my DC girls. For those who don't know, Devon (blondie) is a good friend from Highland who recently moved out to DC. Pulaski is about 4 hours south of the nation's capital, so they came down for a girl's weekend at the lake house. I am proud to say that the first dance party at the lake house took place on Saturday night ... We couldn't help it, we just got finished watching Step Up 3. It was a lounging visit. We played Rummikub, watched chick flicks, visited Blacksburg, and stayed up each night until 3 in the morning talking about who knows what. Oh, and you can't have a proper stay at the cabin unless you build a fire :) I'm starting to get pretty good at it. I am the maker of the fuego.

The ladies also accompanied me to sacrament meeting.

Top floor of the Institute building.

The maker of the fuego. Look closely and you can see that I am sweating from dancing ... on second thought, don't.

Devon's roommates Rachel (L) and Kayla (R). They were clearly impressed with the fire.

Cute pic of Dev and Rachel.

I was trying to catch them flipping their hair. It might have worked ... had they done it at the same time.

Chillin on the ground.

These girls have been training with Michael Jackson for the past three weeks.

I LOVE this one of Devon ... and knew she probably wouldn't want it on Facebook ;)

Amigas en el suelo.

Devon and Kayla gettin their groove on.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, what? You own a lake house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics kid. crappy music to accompany though:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction ... I'm renting a lake house while the owners are down in Florida for the winter. It's the bomb. And Mother, the music that accompanied this post was inspired by last weekend's music selection.

    ReplyDelete