Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend at the Lake House

I'm sure MLK would have loved the way I spent this past weekend. The Currans came up from NC and it was another relaxing vaca at the lake house (Although the lake is actually frozen over). We exchanged presents (I'm the proud new owner of some sweet Nike Shox), we went bowling (Baby Girl's first time), learned how to play Parcheesi (which was surprisingly fun), attended the singles ward, and watched Princess and the Frog. Seriously, how can you beat that weekend? Not possible. Plus, I got to put my new camera to use.

This the BYU bear that Morgan got Sissy for Christmas. He texted me and said he wanted it to be named "Bobby" or "Jackson". But I suggested that we just give him the full name Bobby Jackson. It might take Livi a while to learn it, but we believe that it's a name that's worth the wait :)

Not in a photogenic mood.

But her attitude changed quickly. Here she's coming to show me the snow she found.

Olivia the Eskimo.

She loved running around outside, even if it meant she had to put the whole getup on.

I love this face.

We went to Backstreet Pizza in Blacksburg and ordered the Cordon Bleu pizza ... surprisingly good.

She looks like her Papa in this picture.

A momentous occasion: Olivia's first time bowling. January 15th, 2011. Ball: Size 7, neon yellow.

After we introduced her to the sport, she was hooked. She wanted to bowl during each of our turns :) Notice Richard's Winter Meetings shirt with SF Giants colors.

Eileen kicked TRASH in the second game. She got two strikes and like 4 spares.

Look at that form ... and that fashion statement. What kind of guy picks out a ball that matches his shirt? Haha.

It wasn't my finest hour at the lanes, but whatever.

Me and Sissy.

The Curran family at Christiansburg Lanes.

This is Sissy in my sink, helping me get ready.

I had to put this up here for my brothers. Riley bought her the BYU shirt and Morgan bought her Bobby Jackson .... and she loved them both :)


This is a video of Olivia taking a turn bowling. She made the most excited face every time the ball went down.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I could hate you for seeing Rich and Eileen so much!! I laughed out loud at a few pictures. And is it really that cold there? Huh. I wish I could just hop over and stay at the lake house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's currently 38 degrees, according to the scoreboard temperature gauge in center field. So yeah, we're pretty cold out here. Not all of us can live in the middle of the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love keeping in touch through your blog and seeing Livvy grow up. Is the building in the background the Lake House?

    ReplyDelete