Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcome Back

I had the pleasure of going home this past week to see my family for Thanksgiving. I haven't seen them since September, so it was great to get some face-to-face time. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Nielson family (neighbors). After the big meal half of us saw Harry Potter 7 and the other half saw Megamind. When we got home we played Thanksgiving Bingo and ate SIX pies! They were so good ... coconut cream, banana cream, raspberry cheesecake, razzleberry, pumpkin tarts, and some apple crumble thingy. It was such a great day. And with the rest of our time we SHOPPED. I'm quite sure we visited every TJ Maxx, Ross, and Nordstrom Rack in Salt Lake and Utah County. Now I'm back in Virginia and I'm poor. Booooo.

I love this picture. The following pictures are from a delicious restaurant in American Fork called La Carreta. It's a Peruvian restaurant that is sooooo authentic and good. After dinner we listened to a latina sing karaoke, which was a blast because it reminded me of the ward parties they have in Chile. As we left I asked how often they did karaoke ... and they said the only reason why they were doing it was because the restaurant was closing. It was their last night open. So sad.
RIP La Carreta.

My beautiful mother and I. Notice the llama in the back of the picture.

So cute.

The salsa was so good that Morgan was slurping it out of the dish. True story.

Morgan ... having the ceviche experience :) Peruvian style. Mmmmm.

Riles ... having his first latin karaoke experience.

This was a warmup ... and I loved each of our faces, so I put it in.

The men.

The family pic ... including Bert from Mary Poppins in the back row.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this post made my day - it was so funny!!! I miss you guys so much it's horrible!! I also miss the traditions...oh the traditions we'll make in VEGAS!!!!! YEAH BABY!! And don't act like La Carreta is good...cause it struggles - hence the reason they're closing. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the coolest family in the world. I love all the pics... especially the family pic with Bert in the back:-) And well I've never been to La Carreta... but Morgans plate looked yummy! Sad it's closing... but really cool you happened to go there last night open. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute family! Your brothers are like grown men at this point ... when did that happen!? I love the Bert picture ... totally nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Hal and I laughed our guts out over those pics. I especially like the Bert comment. Morgan is a Bert look a like. Loved the Thanksgiving assessment. Have fun on your trip to Florida. Love ya. MOM

    ReplyDelete